RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:51:37 -0700
Liane:
> Today I have diahrrhea and feel nauseated. I had a cup of barley green
> juice and intended to fast until I felt better but I got hungry and ate
> some honey dew and musk melon. I usually eat alot of lettuce and tomatoe
> sandwiches made with dark rye bread, butter, and vegan mayonnaise.
> Earlier this week I made a salad using dark green leaf lettuce, spinach,
> and raw broccoli with some vegan mayonnaise. It was pretty good but
> other than that I haven't been able to bring myself to eat vegetables.

> Looking forward to all sorts of easy, inexpensive suggestions.

Hi Liane:

I'm a total vegan (no animal products) - eat mainly raw 85%+ or
more--lots fruits/veggies and have not experienced your diah/naus.  I
know fruits  have a cleansing effect on the body.  I eat organic
produce.

I do eat some bread, but no butter.

My husband also eats same way as myself and being raw for about 6 mos.
he has had symptoms such a vomitting attacks which come during the
night.  It's happened Sat. night 2x vomiting, prior 2-3 before hugh
vomiting attack (about 10x heavy heaving).  I think he has a virus in
body and this is how he's dumping.  May  post to board for suggestions.
Next day he's better, but tired from the purging.

You may have a virus in body.  I'm thinking of you and my husband both.

I hope you get some further suggestions here.  Feel well.  Don't give up
on this way of eating.  It works...my husband is now down 6 belt
notches, 6 mos.

Carol