RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:03:39 -0700

Frederick:
>For dinner I have a protein course (meat, fish, or eggs),
>followed by vegetables, sometimes sprouts, sometimes sea
>vegetables (dulse, kombu, nori), and sometimes seeds,
>nuts, and honey.  Also supplements.

Liane:
>I tasted brussel sprouts completely raw and I hated them. I have to
>steam them to eat them at all. Could you give me an example of eating
>raw vegetables? Thanks in advance.

My body sometimes likes Brussel sprouts and sometimes not.
If anything doesn't taste good to me at any time it's a
signal to me that my body doesn't need/want it.  Generally
this instinctive sense of what the body needs/wants doesn't
work with cooked or processed food.  (It doesn't even work
for all raw food, because much of it is different from the
*original* food found in nature.  Many modern foods have
been considerably altered from the original through selective
breeding.)

Typically, the "vegetable segment" of my dinner consists of
any number of the following: garlic, carrots (usually soft
after about a week in the fridge), butter lettuce, romaine,
Brussel sprouts, red bell peppers, cabbage (white or red),
tomatos (usually roma), jicama (sweet "Mexican potato"),
onion (Vidalia or other sweet), sweet potato, yam, celery,
bok choy, cauliflower, broccoli, Belgian endive ("witloof"),
peas, chard, corn, varous sprouts, etc.  (I'm sure I've
forgotten a few!)

I usually have most of the above available for dinner.
I sequentially eat one thing at a time.  Every meal is
a feast!

Good luck!

Frederick