From:
Muriel Hykes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 22:37:55 -0400
>     There is history of colon cancer in my immediate family..both my
>mother and brother died of this disease albeit at advanced ages: 81 and
>75.
        My family too.  My aunt had "ulcerative colitis" that was prob. due to
wheat allergy.  My grandma died of colon cancer and had many allergies.  My
mom was once diagnosed with "celiac disease", another wheat-related bowel
problem.  I was told I have flattened mucosa in my bowel, but they weren't
sure what it meant.  I am fortunate that I had fatigue from the wheat.  Who
knows how long it would have taken me to track down the source of my bowel
complaints?

My other brother died of stomach cancer at age 67.
        Did he drink a lot?  Was he type A blood?

Many in the
>extended family seem to have had much "stomach trouble" all the time.
>The exact nature is unknown to me because I was too young at the time to
>understand and also diagnosis was far more primitive than now.

        That's why I put the diagnoses in quotes. They really weren't too sure of
the causes of stomach trouble back then.

        Listen to your body.

>    I also have Diabetes now and am on insulin since Jan97, had a heart
>attack last month..total shock, no warning, no expectation. Angioplasty
>opened the blocked vessel and the prognosis is "good" they say.

        If you were my family or patient, I would have you on several supplements
too. Was your heart attack due to a clot, artery spasm or atherosclerotic?

        The two major neurotransmitters involved in preventing
depression are serotonin and norepinephrine.  You can manipulate
these by providing their amino acid precursors.

                <http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/3995/>