RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 05:58:59 GMT
At 08:24 17/08/97 -0600,Kirt wrote:
>And does Mr. Baker have any references for same? To say that the liver is
>not involved in fatty acid metabolism is quite a statement. _Everything_ is
>written in a book somewhere, but when a simplistic claim is going to be
>made about digestion there is no reason not to demand peer-reviewed
>research to support it.

Baker is a medical doctor.  His book has numerous (88) references in back,
tho probably few relate to fat metabolism.   The section I quoted I did
because I saw it as relevant to the context on the list, its only mentioned
in passing in the book and is not a big part of his ideas as expressed in
the book.
The relevance to quality of fat source is my own take on the idea.

Does this help?

:>) Lynton