RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 02:48:25 -0500
LA RAF (Los Angeles Raw Animal Food Support Group) held its first meeting
yesterday. It was a potluck, and my halibut pate turned out the best yet
served along with grapes, raw goat cheese, dehydrated seed crackers and raw
cow's milk. Everybody else brought a piece of RAF, honey or some fresh fruit.

The main attraction of the potluck was a long time raw food eater (eight
years on a diet consisting of 95% raw organs) who brought a wide selection
of organs and bones. I tried raw brain, testicles, stomach, thymus gland,
bone marrow, cartilage and stomach and other parts from goat and sheep I do
not recall. Some of it was repulsive to me - I gagged on one of the items -
and some was quite tasty especially the bone marrow. I am not about to go
on a raw organ diet any time soon but I do believe they may contain important
nutrients not found in many other foods. The person who brought the organs
claims to have helped many people overcome serious conditions including his
own when he was wasting away from multiple allergies and chemical
sensitivities many years ago. He eats instinctively, rarely chews his foods
(seeing him swallow whole anchovies was quite an experience) and claims to
have a taste for raw organs only. He seems to be in great shape and is not
concerned about not getting the organs of organic or instinctive quality as
he has found these to often be of inferior quality with the animals at
times full of worms. Regarding fish he says that fish should NOT be gutted
just after being caught so any parasites in the fish are allowed to travel
from the muscles to the guts.

About half of those attending the potluck were on different versions of
Aajonus' diet. The argument was made by several that in serious cases of
arthritis and other immuno-disorders especially if caused by severe
chemical toxicity that a diet high in raw dairy and raw muscle meat such as
Aajonus recommends would not be the optimal diet and that one high in raw
cartilage, marrow and organs would be preferable being the ultimate form of
live cell therapy. Aajonus is more conservative in recommending organ meats
as he is concerned with too many toxins being concentrated in them.

We will be having the next potluck Sunday September 21, we welcome
everybody and  hope there will be enough basis to have them once a month. I
am beginning to loose my taste for raw dairy - the only raw dairy I still
have taste for is raw cow's milk and cream - and still have a difficulty
eating meat or fish so I am happy for the support a group like this provides.

Best, Peter