RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:29:57 -0400
Kirt:
> You might want to make your own raisons (now while grapes are still in
> season) so you can tell what they are "supposed" to taste like. We just put
> a bunch of grapes in a hanging basket and after a few weeks you have
> raisons (but we are in a relatively low humidity climate--if it is humid
> you may need to point a fan at them, or perhaps they could be hung in the
> fridge? never tried that myself).

Oh.  I didn't realize this was possible.  Pardon my ignorance but this
has absolutely nothing to do with the methods used to prepare dried foods
sold commercially, does it?  Here, you're basically drying things out,
right?  Do you, and can this be done with other fruits?  What happens to
the grapes at the end of that period?  Do they actually taste good and
are a natural, and reasonably healthy food then?  Any specific type of
grapes for this?

> You also might want to buy some comb honey if you want to be sure its truly
> raw (though I've heard of some producers freezing comb honey).

Hmm.. any more on this please?  What is comb honey?