RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 07:37:41 +0000
SEEKING VEGAN REFRIGERATOR
Has anyone come across a refrigerator whose crispers are not down by the floor?

I need to buy a new one very soon. Mine is 40+ years old, and is noisy and
an energy-eater.  Plus it's not self-defrosting.

I've looked around, but found nothing suitable at all.

LOBBYING THE MANUFACTURERS
It seems that there are enough people who eat lots of produce that we could
lobby the manufacturers to come up with a workable design for us.

BOTTOM FREEZER MODELS
A bottom-freezer model would work, but I haven't found any that would fit in
my kitchen's small space.

CRISPER REMOVAL
Another problem is that my refrigerator is right next to a wall, so the door
can't open beyond 90 degrees.  In any new models I've seen, the door has to
be open *further* than 90 degrees in order to slide the crispers out for
cleaning.  Having a door that opened in the other direction, away from the
wall, wouldn't work either; to get to the food in the refrigerator, I'd then
have to climb up on the sink, jump down between the open refrig door and the
wall to get any food out, and then climb back up and jump back down.  (The
open door just clears the counter opposite the refrigerator.)

QUESTION
Has anyone on the list seen any refrigs designed for veg eaters?