RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:30:47 -0400
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Jean-Louis Tu wrote:
> As I have said already, it's a trick to avoid overconsumption of fruits.
> But as Kirt as remarked, the worst idea of instincto is to eat until the
> stop. If you have 2 kg of bananas, you don't need to eat all of them.
> The alternative is:

> 1) if they smell/taste good: eat (say) at most 3 of them.
> 2) if not, do not eat.

What do you think is the reason why Kirt was making such remarks, and why
we are having this discussion now?  In other words, do you think our
instincts simply aren't what they used to be, or the foods aren't wat
they used to be?  Or both?  It seems like everyone, including myself,
really does have to learn how to eat with his instincts, without it
coming completely naturally. I suppose social conditioning has plenty to
do with it too.

Regarding the "stop" you mentioned above, would the same apply to
veggies?  I understand where you're coming from whne you say "tomorrow is
another day to eat" but no one's instincts will tell him to stop eating
after a fifth banana if it tastes just as good as the first one, unless
the person knows something more than his insticts do.

Again, where would veggies sit with your line of thinking then?  Eat
until neutral or bad tasting?

> > Whether all fruits I eat have been made to taste better is very
> > questionable to me

> Try to eat 2kg of blueberries or of passion fruits (they are not wild, but
> still close to wild), and you will see if they are so pleasant. Or
> try apples from an appletree which hasn't been grown for its fruits,
> and you will see if you are able to swallow one mouthful.

I will.  I only had one organuc apple and one organic banana (I presume
"organic" is the variety you have in mind here), and they did taste
better.  I ate both items without feeling satisified, and I have no idea
for how much longer I could have kept going.  But you might be right
(especially if you've tried it yourself) that the more natural, the more
filling they are.

BTW, I have never seen something called "passion fruit" in any store
aruond here.  Where are they from and is there a season for them, as a
reason I can't find them?  Is there any other fruit I can try to sort of
convince myself on this issue?