RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:02:02 -0400
> From: Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
>  In other words, do you think our
> instincts simply aren't what they used to be, or the foods aren't wat
> they used to be?  Or both?

> Regarding the "stop" you mentioned above, would the same apply to
> veggies?  I understand where you're coming from whne you say "tomorrow is
> another day to eat" but no one's instincts will tell him to stop eating
> after a fifth banana if it tastes just as good as the first one, unless
> the person knows something more than his insticts do.

I am a bit tired of repeating, you know. Check the 20+ messages I wrote
to you (personally and on the list), and the archives.

> I will.  I only had one organuc apple and one organic banana (I presume
> "organic" is the variety you have in mind here), and they did taste
> better.  I ate both items without feeling satisified, and I have no idea
> for how much longer I could have kept going.  But you might be right
> (especially if you've tried it yourself) that the more natural, the more
> filling they are.

You didn't get my point. Wild apples, or those which are not
cultivated/selected, are INEDIBLE (very astringent).

> BTW, I have never seen something called "passion fruit" in any store
> aruond here.  Where are they from and is there a season for them, as a
> reason I can't find them?  Is there any other fruit I can try to sort of
> convince myself on this issue?

Passion fruit has a great flavor, but is a bit acid (that's why they
use it in ice-creams). I found some in exotic food stores in Paris,
but in Montreal I don't know if you will find any. Passion fruits
can be pleasant, but I can't eat more than 2 or 3 because of the
acidity.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis