RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 02:08:59 GMT
At 09:43 14/08/97 -0700, Tom wrote:
>Let me enumerate some of the damage that excess idealism can cause, in the
>context of raw foods diets (as follows).

which raw foods diets?

> [snip}
>* Idealists promise perfect health and cure from all diseases. But the
>diet cannot meet such unrealistic expectations. The result is that people
>try raw, it doesn't work, and they leave the diet and never come back.

which idealists? raw what? what diet?

>Further, I would argue that increasing the level of realism, and decreasing
>the level of idealism, will alleviate many of the above problems, as follows.

>* Freed from the tyranny of the golden cage of the "perfect 100% raw diet",
>social interaction with the world is easier and less tense. The diet will
>serve you, rather than letting the diet control your life.

what "perfect 100% raw diet"

>* New rawists will have realistic expectations, and will realize that
>problems may arise. Given realistic expectations, fewer people drop out
>and hence the number of successful (long-term) rawists increases.

How can the number of successful (long-term) rawists increase if raw doesn't
work, as you claim?

I presume that you consider yourself to be a "rawist", Tom, since you do
contribute so much to the lists.
But I call you on your diet and your health. Come clean, because you talk in
generalities to the point where the important message you have is lost to
the reader.  I admit being specific takes more self-discipline but the
effort is worth it.

And I am particularly concerned about the effect of proclomations on new or
potential rawists.  I recently gave subscription info to several people who
were interested in raw, and I am concerned that there is so much negative
coming from you.

I now ask you, since you have no experience on RAF yourself, to specify
100%veg-raw or similar whenever you use the word raw in your comments
(unless you refer to RAF specifically.
You mention 100%veg-raw cheats. Well if they are cheating, how do they get
by? What foods do they add to their professed 100VR diets?  This must be
part of the secret to obtaining health in the raw, so its very important.

And please, I'm addressing this to everyone.  How is your health? Are you
focussed on body functions? what do you eat and drink and not eat?

I believe in this approach we will become more realistic.  And good realism
includes a good dose of idealism in the sense that we can reach out to
reasonable possibilities.  We are the adventurers here.  Lets make a
reasonable map of where we've been so we can avoid the same mistakes again.

Best regards,
Lynton