RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 18:40:21 -0700
Lynton:
>Oh, in some post  there was a reference to someone eating fats/oils to their
>benefit. But the reason I'm including this here is:
>Lipids are absorbed by the intestine BEFORE the liver processes most of  the
>rest of the food.  The type of lipids you eat are largely accepted as they
>are, not converted to "human" fats.  AND this direct acceptance means that
>the liver does not detox the fat before it enters the body.  THEREFOR IT IS
>ESSENTIAL TO EAT LIPIDS THAT ARE FREE OF CONTAMINATION ergo, _eat_organic_.

>I think its true that raw amino acids can also be absorbed directly thru the
>skin.

Dear Lynton ORF,

I'd be curious to know your source of info on the above absorption of fats.
I've never heard that before and it does raise the question of quality and
rawness IMO. I once had a vision of a swimming pool filled with
cold-pressed olive oil and I run out on the diving board and take a big
jump and swim in it! Is that an instincto message coming through?

Kind Regards,
Sheila Shea
http://www.sheilas.com

= =======================================================================
Date:         Fri, 15 Aug 1997 02:08:54 GMT
From:         Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Aging

Jean-Louis:

Stefan:
>>>I'm no physician but aren't these cells produced (created from scratch)
>>>by other cells in our bones? I don't think our blood renews by the blood
>>>cells dividing. The question would be then, if the producing cells have limited capacity.
>>> This I don't know.

I included the above from the original so that the following would be in
context.

>Lynton:
>>Neither do I, but it seems that the quality of poor blood can be greatly
>>enhanced by fresh chlorophyll, whose molecule is almost the same as the heme
>>molecule but for the Magnesium atom vs the Iron atom.  So eat up your fresh
>>raw organic green leaves !!

Jean-Louis:
>That's a classical argument for vegetarism, but be careful that the
>argument can be reversed (what if we drink blood, as the Masai do?) :-)

If you want to use that argument for vegetarism that's your deal.
My point is that a good quantity of quality green leaves is an important
part of a healthy diet, regardless of what other food types are eaten.

regards,
Lynton