From:
Jeffrey Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 09:48:40 -0400
Kosher hotdogs (or any kosher meat) is  usually somewhat salty compared
to nonkosher varieties--part of the kashering process involves completely
draining the blood out, and this is normally done by covering the meat
with salt and letting the blood leech out that way.  The alternative is
broiling.  So the taste can have nothing to do with MSG.
Besides, as the Hebrew National commercials say, "We answer to a higher
Authority" :)
BTW, Karl, the disease you are asking about is pellagra, but I don't
remember any details on its cause or symptoms.

  Jeffrey Smith       [log in to unmask]
As the lily among thorns is tinged with red and white, so the Community
of Israel is visited now with justice and now with mercy; as the lily
possesses thirteen leaves, so the Community of Israel is vouchsafed
thirteen categories of mercy which surround it on every side.--Zohar