NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"R.L. Bynum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:02:39 -0230

> Jean - there is also a mailing list for parents of autistic children
> following the type of diet you mention. If you like, I can forward
> your mail to that list (autism-chat)
>
> yours,
> Max Desorgher

  Sure, as long as you think it's appropriate to that list. My son has some
developmental delays and can get very unfocused and "hyper" on his bad days
(which are much fewer recently on an elimination diet) but is not autistic.
He's had allergic problems with milk since shortly after starting cow's
milk products as a toddler. I was curious if the digestive problems also
show up in children whose behavioral symptoms may be more obvious than
allergic reactions like asthma or eczema. I'm also desperately hoping he
might outgrow some of this, but so far it doesn't look promising.
   I've had a few responses so far, and they all have said that their
children's bowel movements improved on this diet, as well as the behavioral
and developmental issues.
   I was also going to post this to the celiac mailing list as well.
   Thanks again!
Jean