NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
CATHERINE JOHNSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:07:17 -0500
     I use Dairy Free for all of the "milk" needs of my family.  The kids
     love it for cereal and drinking.  The turn up their noses (as do I) at
     the rice and soy substitutes.  I use it in my bread recipes (gluten
     free) and the bread comes out moist and tender.

     We have never had a problem with it.  I think Dairy Free is well worth
     the money.

     Cathy in CT

Subject: Non-dairy beverages
Author:  [log in to unmask] at Internet
Date:    4/2/97 6:34 PM

Hi,

I have two questions:

What is everyones opinion of DariFree non-dairy beverage? It has just
become available here in Ont. but when I called the manufacturer he said
that it was run on a dairy line but it is cleaned throughly manually and
electronically. Is it safe?

Also I have seen reference to brown sugar as one of the foods to avoid
for dairy? I use it and my child is anaphylactic to milk and she has no
problems. Maybe this is an error? Does anyone know?

Hazel Green