RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trish Pottersmith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:37:11 -0600
So, when I go 100% raw for any longer than about a week, I
start craving pickles.  I don't think I ate pickles for 2 or
3 years until I started trying 100%.  I used to eat them
a lot.  I usually end up go out and getting a jar of Cascadian
Farms "no vinegar" pickles and end up eating many of them.
I wonder, is it the salt?  is it some kind of yin/yang
thing?  I have not read a lot about pickles and suspect they
must be horrible for your stomach.  Anyone have information
on pickles, if they are bad, why?  Are they considered
fermented?  Why is some fermented food considered healthy
(natural sauerkraut)  for you and some not? And, anyone with
a clue as to what it is about pickles that might cause
one to crave them (I'm not pregnant!).

In a pickle,

Trish Pottersmith