RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:45:14 +0000
Hi Frederick, Jean-Louis and all other RAF eaters,

Stefan:
>The alternative   m a y   be, to have fruits of your own country only
>>b u t   in winter you would have to eat 80% RAF in your diet!!!

Jean-Louis:
>Where does your 80% come from? Why not eat sprouts?

Goodness, where would I find sprouts in nature in wintertime in Europe?
The earth is frozen. Even if the climate was milder in earlier times I
doubt that I would have found enough sprouts to nourish me. You really
have to eat a lot of them to satisfy yourself. Now imagine you dig out
each single sprout of the earth...

But if sprouts work and help you reducing the percentage of RAF and
tropical fruits in your diet, I won't complain. Whatever works is okay.

Jean-Louis:
>My limited experience is that so far, whatever the % of tropical fruits
>in my diet, I "need" about 1 pound of RAF/week. It means 2/14 of my
>meals are vegan.

I don't understand the calculation, but you're the mathematician. ;-)
One pound per week is quite a lot, in my humble oppinion. (By the way:
since you have changed the locations and your current location has a
different metric system, do you still refer to one pound as 500
grams? :-))
But your amount of RAF looks okay. I make the prophecy, that it will
reduce to app. one pound per month later.

Frederick, thank you for forwarding "the need for meat" with the ex-
planation of the different types. Interesting.

Instinctively selected greetings,

Stefan