RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:54:38 -0700
Stefan Joest wrote:
> Now, our new server can group posts by topic. So if you can answer
> a thread with "Re: <subject>" it will group it with all other answers
> and with the initial subject.
> If you do "grouped posts" with an aggregation of several subjects
> in the topic line this isn't possible anymore. Also this grouping
> shows a tendency to be very individualistic, making the number of
> topics grow artificially although the basic topics are still the same.
> Following the threads from the archives will be more difficult then.

Peter and I did some testing on the search capabilities at our new
server.  I turns out that the search works on the actual text of the
message, not just the subject line.  We put in the word instincto and
found that it gave a pointer to every message that had instincto in it
and displayed a couple of lines in the message containing the word. Try
it.  The URL is http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/raw-food.html
It also possible to get the archives for any month/year and to do
archive searches by send e-mail requests to LISTSERV.  To get a month
send GET RAW-FOOD LOGyymm  e.g. LOG9707  For help on e-mail searches
sent GET RAW-FOOD DBSEARCH
This will explain how to.  I haven't tried this yet and the www search
is so easy that I prefer using this method.
We have all of the archives from bolis edited and ready for transfer.  I
have requested some set up from our new server and will put them up as
soon as this is complete.

David Karas
raw-food list owner