RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 14:36:58 +0000
Hi Ellie,

thank you a lot for your very detailed answer to my questions.
I found, that there is a minimum interval between meals if I don't want the
foods from the later meal to mix with the food from the earlier one.
This time is at least two hours for a fruit meal. If it contained high-energy
fruits like durian, jackfruit, champedak, dates or honey it's even three hours.
(To be exact: honey is classified as sugar but can be eaten at noon.)

For proteins the time is difficult to determine. I think it's at least eight
hours and may reach eighteen hours.

Consequences: Sweet fruit in the evening after protein at mid-afternoon is
very likely to mix because the fruits are digested so quick, they reach the
partially digested protein of the previous meal. (Bad. :-()

For protein I would recommend strict adherence to the menu plan and eating
it   o n l y   in the evening, no meal afterwards on the same day. This pro-
vides maximum digestion time which is really needed for protein!

If you can't reduce eating to two meals (noon, evening) I would suggest eat
ing fruits in the morning, fruits and veggies at noon and protein and veggies in
the evening.
You could also have an additional meal between noon and evening but watch for
the minimum time interval between this one and the evening meal. This addi-
tional meal should not consist of protein. For the sake of your digestion,
Ellie, please eat only one protein on one day! There is always a next day,
where you can try the next one. Also you don't profit from a misdigestion of
two proteins where none of them can be absorbed probably. It's wasted food
and digestion energy.

I wouldn't eat fish and land animals together at one meal. You are eating
animals, that are 150 millions of years away speaking in evolutionary times.
The proteins are too different. Also I don't think this happened in nature
frequently.

Me too, I like the hard white fat, but only small quantities. If you have a
reliable source for meat, you should be able to buy bones that are thick
enough to contain lots of marrow.

I also prefer the liver of a fish, followed by fatty parts of the head. The
belly becomes bitter quickly, at least that one of a mackerel. I'm not sure
whether this is due to the gallbladder being harmed or due to the black/brown
stuff which adheres to the spine of the mackerel and also is bitter. Or isit
the flesh itself???

Ellie:
>I would like to try a tuna head, but can only get farm raised tuna. Do you
>think I should try it?

No. It seems to be below the break-even-point: gives you more toxins than
useful substances. No chance of getting a wild one at the coast or in japanese
fish shops?

Ellie, this small dialogue of us is exciting and fascinating me. Thank you
very much!
I also like comparing eating habits of instinctos. Our daily foods may be
uncomparable but there are overall eating patterns that crystalize. And that's
what I am hunting for (I think I'm a typical hunter, in life and in nutrition).

Best fatty regards, :-)

Stefan