RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 10:32:29 -0700 (MST)
>the kind of
>therapy I mean is a redirecting of emotions and a therapist could be a
>good friend or spouse who's also doing the work of getting out stored up
>emotions (emotions are stored as biochemicals in Toxic Minds)  People
>would also benefit who are trying to detoxify through good nutrition,
>because the sympathetic nervous system (sns)controls the detoxification
>process and also controls the instinctive fight or flight response with
>it's emotions like anger. If the sns is clogged up with toxins (the
>biochemical emotions), it can't properly control the detox. Civilization
>has caused us to suppress the fight or flight response.

Hi Ellie,
This is an old note and I'm catching up with many messages after traveling
briefly.
Does the other side of the equation also hold true? 'Civilization' has also
been the source of war and rape and is this the result of suppressed
emotions, toxic brains that can't properly control the detox.
Many people are at war on regular historical basis and are acting out
(maybe misdirectied) and the rest of us stay home and repress (assuming no
intervention of consciousness).

A clogged up sns
>(in the brain its termed noradrenergic system) can account for people not
>only having symptoms of emotional disease on any good diet, but also
>cancer, heart disease etc, since the sns controls so many functions of
>internal organs, etc. More diseases are psychosomatic than we realize.
>Maybe Burger's wife?? I don'know her story.

I would like to think my cardiac insufficiency is all psychosomatic however
part of it is due to bulimic behaviors. On the other side of that scale, I
feel that I am healing the heart disease that has taken my father and
maternal and paternal grandfathers. The healing is occuring on planes other
than the physical and transgressing the time-gene barrier. The bulimia is
also a disease of isolation and alienation, of depression and
meaninglessness, of self-mutilation and abuse. So it is a lack of 'heart'
development. Any thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Sheila Shea
http://www.sheilas.com