RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 21:28:02 -0600
Hi ho all,

Below is an url from the online SLATE magazine. A regular feature, The
Earthling, is written by Robert Wright--one of the more entertaining (to my
taste) "evolutionary psychology" proponents around. Reading his columns
would be an easy way to expose yourself to some of the tenets of this new
and controversial field. In a nutshell EvoPsych is "Those genetically based
mental traits that, during evolution, consistently helped their possessors
get genes into the next generation became part of human nature".

A very readable book/overview on the subject is called "Stone Age Present"
(William F Allman). I still see it stacked in discount (outlet malls esp)
bookstores for 6 bucks, while also sometimes in B&N for over $20. And I
wonder, should I be buying a stockpile so that when people catch up to
another book ahead of its time (like Eaton et al's
_Paleolithic_Prescription_ turned out to be) it is not impossible to get a
hold of?

Anyway, here is the SLATE url...

The Earthling:
http://www.slate.com/redirect/announce.asp?gotoT=/Earthling/97-06-19/Earthling.a
sp  Who suffers when women go to war? (Hint: It's not the women.) Robert
Wright on war, masculinity, and evolution.

Cheers,
Kirt

Anyone else missing JL already? ;)