RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 11:01:53 -0600
Tom Wrote:
 grains which don't taste as good, but which
>a) have not lost food energy or life force in shipping and storage, and
>b) because one sprouts them, the sprouts are actually *increasing* in nutrient
>value and food/life force energy. Most fruit begins to decrease in nutrient
>and energy value from the moment it is picked, while grains if sprouted
actually increase*!

>True, but grains are easily sprouted which makes their flavor more appealing.
>It also makes them easy to digest. Those who eat nuts and seeds in their
>"natural state" = unsoaked, would greatly benefit from soaking and/or sprouting
>them when possible!

>In eating sprouted grains one
>is eating, in juvenile form, multiple, complete life forces, which suggests one
>may be eating more energy when eating sprouts.

Thanks for the post Tom. I have been very interested in sprouts ever since I
read "Raw Energy" by the English mother daughter team. Does anyone know if there
are any comprehensive places on the WWW where one could find out more info on
sprouts?

As far as the fruit/sprouts/milk/raf question: I have never considered eating
only "fruit". Just never made any sense to me. I am a vegetarian currently, not
vegan though I have been and will be again. As far as eating animals-no thanks.
I guess I just don't believe that this can be a necessity. I am very open to
taking common sense supplements for vitamin D/B12 whatever. I enjoyed Ric
Lambart posts a lot. A pretty strong voice for vegetarian/vegan/raw position. I do
wonder how much individual psychology plays into the whole thing. Also individual
differences on a physical level. I mean Ric has been raw vegetarian/vegan for
21 years now and doing well. Yet, someone else might have major problems after
a couple years. I don't know!

Welcome Steve. You wrote:

>I had thought that this was a veggie raw food list when I first joined
>(Veg-raw).  At first I did not know what RAF meant!  After some very
>intense confusion....I eventually figured it out...

>Steve - new raw food eater (vegan)

>P.S. I am seriously thinking about trying a juice fast.

Yeh, I too thought this was a veggie raw list. I figured RAF out pretty quick
though and have thought about unsubscribing. But, having hung in there, I have
found out a lot of interesting info, there are alot of well read/researched
people here (much more so than myself). And as long as the dialogue is open
and not too dogmatic, it can only benefit. It can be difficult reading about
raising guinea pigs to eat though. Of course, I have a bunch of hamsters and
it turns out they are pretty nasty little creatures. They really like to bite
and their bites are nothing to laugh at. They are also very mean to each other.
I had to build this huge cage area in my basement to keep them seperate as much
as possible. Maybe I should pack them up and send them off to you Kirt :)
I would suggest rats as pets instead. We have two, RatRatpunsel and Ratracheal.
They are very intelligent and personable Pretty cool.

Steve, I too am thinking about going on some sort of fast. As a matter of fact
I  will soon. Any comments/experiences would be helpful. I am curious
what people find most beneficial as far as just water or juice too? How long?
Should one have a doctors guidance( I doubt many dotors around here,St.Louis,
would know much about fasts).

Peace

David Noel