From:
"Christine E Schwebel (Christine Schwebel)"
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 10:01:09 -0600

I am posting a question for my mother.  She has been experimenting with
french bread and her experience is that she is getting bread that is really
crusty on the outside and quite gooey on the inside.  Has anyone perfected a
french bread recipe?  I think she is using Betty Hagman's.  She is also
curious if it makes a difference if she uses a french bread pan that is
perforated or one that is not.  (I can't remember which she said she used.)
Her next step is going to be to try to put a pan of water in the bottom of
the oven (which she read somewhere) to reduce the hardness of the crust.

Thanks for any help.

Christine Schwebel
Planning and Information Management
208 Johnston Hall