Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 10:58:34 -0500

Some time ago, I posted a question about the GF status of Velveeta and I got
a number of responses. Now I've seen more questions about Velveeta on the
list, so I thought that I should let everyone know about the information that
I got.

While Kraft in the U.S. will not provide information about the GF status of
products, Kraft in Canada does, and Velveeta is on the Canadian GF list.
Sometimes the ingredients in Canadian versions of products are different, but
this does not appear to be the case with Velveeta.

Everyone who responded to me said that they were using Velveeta with no
problems. I've started using it again for macaroni and cheese. We haven't had
any problems with it, and my kids are very happy to have one of their
favorite dishes again.

Of course, you need to make your own decision because Kraft won''t tell us
definitively if Velveeta is GF.

Evelyn Sasmor