RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 10:43:56 -0800
aloha!
	posters & lurkers,
			  lately i've had a little extra time on my hands
to browse the web.  a small percentage of what i find, i pass on to some
friends, and sometimes this list.  sometimes both.
	what follows comes from a (former?) girlfriend.  just for the
record, i lost her number last month, and have gone by her place three
times, no one ever home.  i guess i could have emailed her...
	anyways, her identity will remain anonymous.  her thoughts will
not, because... because i suspect a few of you may have had similar ones
recently.  in explanation for the high volume of info, i present this
item:
	i will soon hit the road, likely cut off from email.
		(where?  possibly:
				  santa barbara
				  orange county
				  mexico
				  arizona
				  oregon
				  british columbia
				              	vancouver
						salt spring island)

	i hope to see some vegraw'ers on my travels.  the earliest i
could imagine returning to school?  after summer, definitely.  maybe
never (say never!).

unschooling,
	    bodhi

[[begin forward of message from "she who needs more good lovin'"]]

Bodhi, what the fuck?  I like cooked food, I know you don't, but I don't
need to hear about your-and every other internet hopping raw foodists-
dietary habits eight times a day.  If you wanna e-mail me, that's cool,
but don't just down load random shit off the internet and pass it onto me
and every other college student with an e-mail account.  I eat my vegis,
I don't need to hear about everyone elses.  If you wanna chat over
e-mail, that's cool, I'd love to hear from you, but pleeeeease stop
sending me a gazillion messages that I don't even read!  If something's
amazingly profound pass it on, otherwise, I don't read any of it.  I
don't mean to hurt your feelings, because that's not what I'm intending.
 I totally respect and admire your dedication, and ideologically I agree
with you.  People do need to worry about their bodies and their health,
myself included.  But please respect my decisisions.  I live my life the
way I do because of concious decisions that I've made based on my own
experiences, both intellectual and experiential. Innondating me with shit
loads of information only makes me defensive and annoyed.  I try to eat
as healthy as possible and I try to live my life in a way that seems
right and balanced for me and those around me.  Many of the articles you
sent me were totally interesting, but when I get a shitload from you, I
get overwhelmed and I feel like my choices and ideas are totally
irrelevent.  I have reasons for the way I live.  I respect your choices,
please try to respect mine.  Thanx,
<<<SNIP>>>
respectfully,
	     bodhi