RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 00:34:33 EST
From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
I hear good things about royal jelly too, mostly from people who have it
for sale.  Maybe it really is great stuff, I don't know.  I'd like to eat
some some day.  But the way I look at it is this:  The stuff is so durn
expensive that you have to be rich to even think about taking it in any
sizeable amount.  And if you don't take it in any sizeable amount --- if
it forms only a tiny percentage of your overall diet (because you take it
in expensive capsules in tiny amounts), then it will have only a tiny
effect on your overall health if it is truly a food.  If it has a major
impact on you in tiny amounts, then it is a drug or stimulant and not a
food (unless it contains a nutrient in which you are deficient, like B-12
--- but even then, you can get any missing nutrients from other cheaper
sources, otherwise everyone who failed to take royal jelly would die of
vitamin deficiency).

People are always looking for magic bullets that will erase all the
consequences of their former transgressions against Nature's Laws.  There
are no magic bullets, only repentance, reform,  and hard work to earn the
hoped for superior health.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])