RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 00:34:33 EST
From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Wow, a 10-day fast for your cat blows my mind!  Tell us more.  How did
you decide when to start feeding her again?  Was she sick or did you just
decide to fast her?

My understanding is that cats (and dogs to a lesser degree) need more
sulfur (which is in protein foods) in their diets than we do.  A
vegetarian cat/dog book I saw suggested supplementing
fruits/veggies/grains with liberal use of raw eggs.

Barnes & Ignoble told me that Health Research was out of business after I
tried to order one of their titles through B&N.  I got a "this number is
no longer in service" message when I tried to call their published phone
number, and no response from a postcard request for their latest catalog.
 So, yes, I think they are truly kaput.  Many of their titles are being
reprinted by other sources located via the Web, but, alas, at much higher
prices.  I had to pay $27+tax for Hereward Carrington's "The Natural Diet
of Man" (HR's price $13.20).

A 30-year cat sounds like a reasonable target to me.  I met a cat-food
cat that lived to 19; her owner died shortly after of cancer.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])