RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:29:35 +0200 (MET DST)
Peter:
>But, if you look
>at most hunter & gather societies or aboriginal peoples the picture is
>quite different. They lived pretty much in harmony with each other and
>nature and practiced "human rights" without knowing or having any idea
>of the concept. A good book that makes these points very well is the
>classic "The Continuum Concept" by Jean Liedloff. Not all societies are
>created equal in the sense that some are closer than others to living
>according to man's true nature and fulfilling his/her basic needs for a
>nurturing & constructive, non-hierarchical community structure.

But the hunter-gatherers are just... Hunter gatherers. Humans are
probably not designed to remain at that stage forever. I mean, due to
inevitable "progress", societies must evolve towards "higher"
structures. It isi quite interesting to note that, in the mind of some
people, the ancient civilizations were "barbaric", whereas for others
(probably in higher proportion among raw-fooders), the modern
societies are degenerate, the hunter-gatherers form the ideal society
which was still pretty in harmony with nature...

It seems that humans will forever have to search for a compromise
between their true nature, and their constantly evolving societies.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis

P.S. Since I am leaving tomorrow, I am unsubscribing now and won't be
able to respond to e-mail until I get a new e-mail account. I hope I
can join you again soon.