RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:35:33 +0200 (MET DST)
>Jean-Louis:
>> I wonder if my instinct is being perverted *now* or if it was before. Is
>the taste for spicy sensations natural?

>Bo7b:
>1--Yer instincts were perverted THEN, not now!
>2--If you find an "original" food that smells great & tastes delicious & it
>tastes "spicy", then your bod needs it & ya oughtta eat it til you reach a
>stop.

I find that garlic and ginger smell good, but are almost impossible to
eat (instincto-style) for me, except if I eat only 1 or 2 milligrams
(and then the sensation can be pleasant).

Cassia can also taste "spicy". I tried to eat one pod like that. It
was rather pleasant, but my tongue was a nit red after that, and
I regreted having overused cassia when I had to go to the toilet
a few hours after...

Someone told me privately that, the taste for spices is not natural,
and the proof was that children do not like pepper or other spices.
But is there a possibility that the taste of adults naturally
becomes different? Likewise, children generally do not like alcohol.
Personally, when I was 10 years old, I was totally unable to drink
a tiny quantity of beer, but ten years after I began to appreciate
all sorts of wines, beers (moderately)... Now, I still like alcohol
(I drink half a glass every month or so with friends). Fruits that
are "too ripe" taste a bit like wine, and I like it. Is it my
real instinct, or a learned taste?

Other perversion of taste: my mother prefer "crunchy", unripe fruits
(plums, apricots, cherries, and even mangos) (she eats cooked), whereas
most raw eaters prefer them fully ripe.

(Personally, I like fruits that are so soft, that one or two days after
they would begin to rot).

>or a food that's "aged", "advanced"(like my wonderful "dried
>fowl fat" tastes lots like the finest French pheasant delicacy to my
>perverted tastes

Curiously, I still don't like too aged RAF. I just let fish 2 or 3 days
in the refrigerator, or eggs for 2 weeks at room temperature. I
don't like meat too much.

But curiously, I sometimes find aged carrots and celery roots (1 month
in the refrigerator) better than fresh ones.

Jean-Louis.