RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 97 08:14:00 PST
Hi Martha,

You can get Stevia from a southern california organization named
'Sunrider'. Unfortunately, this organization's products are rather high
priced. You might search the web for details about the organization, and
stevia, before you decide to buy from them. (Or before you decide to
enroll in their pyramid distribution scheme with the hope of saving some
money.)

I tried Stevia before it was approved by the FDA as a food supplement. (At that
time it was being sold as a "health care product" by sunrider.) I liked the
taste, and a small amount went a long way in sweetening things.

Did I say that sunrider products are expensive? Well, they are. But Stevia is
reasonably priced, as far as I recall. About $5 for a small bottle. The stuff is
really concentrated, and a few drops go a long way.

I tried Sunrider products, and became a distributer. However, I found that
studying a little about traditional chinese medicine, and finding lower-cost
alternative suppliers, worked out to be more effective and economical for me.

Regards,

Roy