RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 15:40:09 -0300
Tom Billings wrote:
>In my last post, I mentioned a file on the faults of ethical veganism. I
>searched for it last night and was lucky - I found it quickly. It is now
>on-line; the question now is whether to release it immediately or if it
>would be better to expand/update it. I think that file is pretty good, but
>when you criticize ethical veganism, you are literally criticizing a
 person's religion (it is a religion for many). I think the file will please those
 who have reservations about ethical veganism, but am not certain it is powerful
>enough to convince the 'faithful', those who have made veganism an
 important part of their self-identity. (The reason to hold it back is to take time to
>make it more powerful.)

Axel:
Take all the time you need; that file promises to give me some *powerful*
food for thought. I don't know if ethical veganism is a religion for me, I still
agree with much of it, but have quickly and without much effort lost my
attachment to the whole idea.
Until two months ago, ethical veganism  was indeed a very important part of
my self-identity. Not anymore, though, because now I have many doubts.
You say that you don't know if it powerful enough to convince the
 faithful.Is this what you are trying to do? If the material is good, any free-thinker
will be able to make up his or her own mind.

Thanks for sharing your valuable material. The internet has become my basic
source of info on these subjects. Being where I am, there is no other way i
could learn about these ideas.

Saludos,

 Axel ([log in to unmask])
    Buenos Aires, Argentina