RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marie T. Betz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:18:11 EST
Hi, Christian,

Read your post and questions to Tom.  I can't answer any of your specific
questions, however, wanted to share with you my experience.

For most of my life I had trouble with IBS and no doctor ever did
anything about it, or even diagnosed it.

Two years ago another blind friend of my and I were talking about my
specific problem and she put me in touch with her daughter's
mother-in-law who started a support group for celiacs.

When I told this woman about foods that seemed to bother me the most, she
went through a list, and sure enough they were the same foods she had
learned to stay away from.

The top offenders for me, and for her, were orange juice, wheat, and
vinegar.  When I eat out and have a salad, to which they add their own
dressing, if there is even a tiny bit of vinegar, (not even enough to
taste it) within seven or eight minutes my abdomen bloats terrible and
all hell breaks loose.  Also, just a tiny bit of orange juice on a fruit
cup will do the same thing....explosive bowel.

Sprouts don't seem to bother me.  I like the alfalfa sprouts, however, I
don't use too much, just sprinkle some on green salads.

So, I'm so thankful for my blind friend...she did more to help me than
all the doctors I've seen in my 65 years.

Wishing you GREAT health!
Marie Betz