RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:21:09 -0300
At 21:56 28/01/1997 -0500, Pat wrote:

>And me, I'm a renegade, moving two steps forward and one step back toward
>Kirt's way of thinking.

I fell strongly appealed by Kirt's postings and views. I FEEL this way,
even if my mind promptly jumps in and says "waait a minute: you are a vegan
idealist! You can NOT feel this way! FEEL different, or your brothers wont
have you as a shining example anymore!." My mind shouts all this and much
more many times a day lately, and I am learning to just watch it and see
what happens. I am not trying to convince myself of anything, just watching
the show and reading like a renegade.

>How do you view yourself, do you want to be a
>renegade? Purist? do you want to save you, the planet, a marriage? Do tell, do!!

Right now, I am nowhere. I have been of the raw-vegan idealist garden
variety for two years, at the beggining basically motivated by the health
part of it, but as time went on, the ethical question became predominant,
and thats where I was before entering "The Raw-food Zone". Now I am in
trouble, because I am open-minded, and funny as this might sound, it scares
me to imagine what could happen (I find thinking about the future quite
boring, actually. I seldom do it conciously, and when I find myself doing
it, I choose to direct my mind to more exciting things.)

For now, my biggest might-be-a-problem is of course how to find harmonize
the ethics of veganism with the idea of RAF, especially that of flesh, if it
turns out, in my mind, that some people DO need it.

What will I do then? What would you vegans do?
When I first heard about RAF, I was very clear about it. I posted saying
that even if it turned out that meat was necesary for some people, that was
not an issue for me, because I would prefer dying rather than killing a
sentient being, as I would prefer dying before having to kill you lurkers.
But now... hope I knew what to say.

Dazed and confused,

 Axel ([log in to unmask])
    Buenos Aires, Argentina