RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:40:12 -0300
Tom:
>>From "Health & Beyond", April 1994, interview with Dr. Stanley Bass:
>(pg  90): "To live on an all-raw diet of fruits, nuts, and vegetables,
>eventually one would run into B12 and Vitamin D deficiencies...I would
>recommend occasional use of B12 and Vitamin D, say once a week in tablet,
>capsules or Brewers yeast form for safety and protection.

Of course, but I just wonder if there is any way of establishing what the
truth of the matter migh be. I will receive all back issues of Health and
Beyond soon; that promises to give me some good education (thats not what
my mother thinks, though.)

Tom, what do YOU think? I find your past postings and opinions very valuable
and worth considering. What is your feeling on this vitamin D story?

Every day I seem to be getting further and further from the vegan concept.
Maybe in a couple of weeks I will be convinced that any plant food not
deep-fried can cause untold suffering to the human organism. Eat only meat,
if health matters to you. Greens? Are you crazy? Do you want to die young?
Don't you care about your loved ones? Do you like the taste of sunflower
sprouts better than the company of your family? Are you that selfish? For
Gods sake, can't you see it that your taste for raw plant food is just
 a cultural thing, an addiction, and a very bad one at that? You have to break
free! Give up plant foods entirely for a month and see what happens. You
will never be able to eat a sunflower sprout. Your whole body will let you
know in no uncertain terms that the stuff is DEADLY.

Saludos,

 Axel ([log in to unmask])
    Buenos Aires, Argentina