From:
Lorraine Dowdle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 19:10:22 -0400

Hi Rosalie,

When we found that  a lot of our children had CD, we took every child off
gluten.  Our 1 year old at the time had had chronic diaper rash since 6
months old (or when she began eating regular food -gluten-).  Once gluten
-free, her diaper rash disappeared completely within 3 days!  She has been
diaper rash-free since until now.

We are presently on a gluten challenge (she is now 2 1/2 yrs.) and her rash
is back.

My personal opinion, for what it's worth, because the gluten destroys villi,
the citric acid (or other acids) are left to run wild and leaves the urine
and  stools very acidic....thus burning their little bottoms.   (?????)

Lorraine