Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 16:38:06 EDT

We had a doctor visit for our 2 year old celiac.  We were sure he would want
to do more tests, blood and/or biopsy.  We do not have a conclusive diagnosis
but all the symtoms point to celiac.  Temporary milk/lactose intolerance (he
is fine with it now), reactions to gluten foods, wonderful weight gain since
GF diet, etc.  We were all armed to debate the doctor on the issue of testing
now verses later.  When the doctor reviewed what was going on now and what has
transpired since our last visit he said "This is what I would like to do.  I
don't think I'll have trouble talking you into this either.  I would like to
do nothing different than you are now.  Stay open to testing in a few years
but I see no benifit of doing it since he is putting on weight and all."  We
almost fell over.  He has been the most wonderfull doctor so far as celiac
goes (from what I hear from some of your experiances).  Any one needing a good
pediatrician that knows CD in the Indiana, Ohio, Michigan area I'd recommend
this one in Fort Wayne, IN.

The real reason I was going to post this though was spices.  We gave out son a
"GF" muffin.  We made it ourselves and the next day wondered "what did we feed
him".  Typical celiac response.  The only change was the muffin and the only
suspect ingredient in it was cinamon.  It was an off brand from who know
where.  I remembered some discussion a while back about spices and carriers
and/or flour added to help them flow.  I did a search for past logs on spices
and came up with McCormich being GF, (no name or number from company though).
Are there any other definitely GF company's for spices?  I assume it is a
gluten problem but I suppose it could be a reaction to cinamon.  Anyone hear
from companies saying they are or aren't GF?

Thanks

Tim Meadows, [log in to unmask]
Warsaw, IN