From:
Dana Beer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 22:33:05 -0400

I have been asked to post the information I fax or send to restaurants in
advance of my visit. If you didn't catch my earlier post, I have had much
success in being served gourmet GF meals with this system. I recommend
calling to confirm receipt.

 Attention Mr. Maitre 'd (get their name):

I will be a guest at your restaurant on Monday evening.

I must adhere to a strict
GLUTEN-FREE diet.
Enclosed find a copy of my diet restrictions.

Perhaps your chef can help me in selecting menu items.

Any assistance you and your dining staff can give me is greatly apperciated.

Please feel free to call if you have any questions

Sincerely,
GFgal
telephone #

I need your help in making selections from your menu.
I have Celiac Sprue, which causes me to become
extremely ill if I eat any foods containing GLUTEN.
GLUTEN is found in WHEAT * OATS *  RYE * BARLEY

I CANNOT HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOODS
OR FOOD THAT HAS COME IN CONTACT WITH THESE FOODS
 (same grill, cooking oil vat, on the same plate with,
 prepared with same unsanitized knives, utencils, pans, etc)
WHEAT * OATS *  RYE * BARLEY
flour
(rice, tapioca, potato, soy and arrowroot flours and cornmeal are safe)
foods containing flour such as
bread (unless made only from safe flours)
pasta (rice noodles are safe)
cakes, cookies, pies, pastry, bagels, doughnuts
bread crumbs, croutons, crackers
pizza crust
sauces and soups thickened with flour
any starch other than corn starch or potato starch
millett, quinoa, oatmeal, buckwheat, amaranth, spelt, triticale
distilled white vinegar (all other vinegars are safe)
ketchup, mustard, mayonaise, barbecue sauce, salsa, pickles
 (unless homemade from safe vinegars)
salad dressings
 (unless homemade from safe vinegars)
soy sauce
alcohol other than wine, rum, and tequilla
boullion, prepared soups, sauces, mixes, gravies
malt and malt flavorings
most processed foods, fat free and low fat foods containing
 modified food starch
 hydrolized vegetable protein
 textured plant or vegetable protein
 mono and di glycerides