From:
Barbara Jean Kuehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 07:10:56 -0500

>Is there any airline where one can safely eat the special meals?

Don't count on United.  I requested a "GF" breakfast from United when
I flew once on a morning flight.  I got a dish of oatmeal.  I also
requested a GF menu on a regular flight and got breaded something,
a slice of whole wheat bread, and a cookie.  Both times, their
regular meal had less gluten than their "glutenfree" meal.  I learned
not to bother with ordering a special menu, to just eat what I can
from the regular tray (it often includes lettuce, fruit, a cooked
vegetable, lunch meat or plain meat, all of which are GF), and
to bring my own snacks to tide me over.

BJ