From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 09:02:49 -0400

Re Airline food in general.  I find I am sometimes in better shape with a
kosher meal, or a vegetarian meal (tho that sometimes is pasta) than with
the airlines' concept of gluten free diet.  I'm glad they are trying and at
least aware that there is a need, but we need to educate them - which means
that Dr.s Murray, Fasano, etc. have got to get us together and speak with
one loud voice to the hospital dieticians, school dieticians, hotel chefs,
restaurant chefs, and the airlines.

Usually my airline food has had one piece of fruit - a beautiful red apple,
but for some reason I cannot tolerate red apples either  - just green
apples - so I always carry emergency rations.  When I leave on a foreign
trip I have a padded case with frozen food that I eat as it thaws.
Anything left over serves until I find food wherever I've landed.   DOES
ANYONE KNOW WHY I CAN'T EAT RED APPLES?

Could we all concentrate on having DENNIES (sp?) restaurants take the penna
pasta out of their rice and just have plain rice available to us? When
traveling across the country that would be a big help.

As I have a wanderlust that won't quit, I continue to travel and  usually
come home thinner, but happy!  Bon Voyage

Gayle Kennedy