From:
jerry wald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 15:17:45 -0500

The Canadian Celiac Association pocket booklet of acceptable foods
allows all types of vinegar regardless of the source. Apparently the
fermenting process removes all traces of the grain used to make it.
You can therefore use the different vinegars in different recipes for
their unique tastes and not worry about gluten.  (Not having seen any
U.S. publication of a similar nature, I don't know what they might
say about vinegar.)  I do know, however, that my wife has been a
celiac for about 25 years and rigorously follows the GF diet. She has
never had an adverse reaction to *any* vinegar.

Jerry Wald       [log in to unmask]