From:
Albert Vala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Albert Vala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2017 10:38:31 -0400

Most people in reply to my post had some bad experience with so called
“gleten free” products. I found out that people just tolerate it.
Apparently they have hard time to keep their equipment clear. There is no
excuse for that. They are making enough money to invest in own grain
milling. I am not in a business and I did invested to grain mill. It is not
excusable and not wise to feed us with contaminated food. Eventually people
just stop trusting their “gluten free” products. Consequences are obvious.
Eventually one by one they will be out of business.

Personally; after I’ve got very sick from their GF macaroni, I will never
buy their GF products. Perhaps One customer does not matter, but eventually
more of us will learn the lesson.

Thank you all for reply and I wish, that if will all stop tolerating
contamination, we will make those products really “gluten free”

Albert

Original post
Gluten free?

In my understanding it means there is no trace of gluten in that product.
Recently I had two major reactions from so called =E2=80=9Cgluten free=E2=
=80=9D products. I
found out (the hard way) that most of GF flours and products labelled as
gluten free, they are not. I don=E2=80=99t know who came up with the idea t=
hat 20
ppm is tolerable to us. That is not true for me and most of us. It just
gives industry loophole getting away with contamination. It should be two
different labeling: One would be 100%% gluten free, the other should be
labelled as: low gluten. This could allow some contamination within present
regulation.

 I am trying very hard not to consume those =E2=80=9Cgluten free=E2=80=9D p=
roducts with
little success. Recently I bought dry prunes labelled as =E2=80=9Cgluten fr=
ee=E2=80=9D
despite the fact that prunes are naturally GF. I ate three of them. The
result: bad stomach pain and sleepless night. It takes me about 6 weeks to
completely recover from that kind of accident. I am just wandering when
will industry take us seriously; not before well published class action?

The problem is that we are trying to fight biggest industry in North
America and most of the world. However we shouldn=E2=80=99t give up so easy=
. It is
no wander that for some people GF diet does not works. Gluten is mysterious
substance; even molecules of it could make some people sick. It is cruel
world out there. It is not easy live healthy lifestyle; but it is worth,
despite of inconvenience. I am 84 years old without any health issue. I do
not have to take any medication to keep me pain free. However I mill my own
flours and there is no gluten in my house. What I missing most, is smoked
products. I use to love them, until they introduced =E2=80=9Cliquid smoke=
=E2=80=9D, which
contains gluten.