From:
Joe Stephen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2016 22:10:32 +09-30
Hello there
Both radios are quite accessible. Unless you want the wideband receiver offered by the Kenwood, go for the Baofeng. I really would love the Kenwood but it seems hard to get in Australia. I have a tyt th-uvf 9 which is similar to the baofengs but seems to be better quality. The Baofengs are slightly more accessible than the tyt radios though.
If I were you, I'd get the Baofeng uv 82 hp. This is better quality than the bf 8 hp.
vk5fbhe