From:
Sarah Alawami <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2016 19:29:30 -0700
Agree.  I often get emails from my clients that say "It doesn't work" with out going in to detail. I've been a beta tester for about 12 years now for a lot of companies so I pride myself on detail. If you have to write your email in a text editor because you hate writing in your email client that works. I do this if I need to put together a long email to a client and it takes all day. So please be as detailed as you can be. Those of us who are not interested will ignore the message, but those of us who are interested in such things will read with confidence that information was provided.

hope that helps a bit.

73.
> On Mar 31, 2016, at 9:01 PM, Joe Stephen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pete and Barry, your message conflict. Barry says the id 51a speaks frequency with a button press and Pete says it only speaks callsign and only in dv mode. Can we get a fuller picture please? Anyone trying to search the archives will get bits and pieces. Will one of you do a full review describing what is and what is not accessible about this rig?
> 1. Are there distinguishing beeps when menus wrap?
> 2. Are there distinguishing beeps when you toggle options?
> 3. Is there a distinguishing bees when channel reaches 1 or frequency hits band edge?
>
> Please put more thought into replying so that those who read the archives can get a full picture without conflicts or having to search through dozens of posts to get a simple answer about the accessibility of a rig.
> Joe.

>>> for20
>>> for20
>>> For the record, so people who search the archives are clear, my statement
>>> about the Icom ID51A came from their website, not my own experience. Anoth=
>> er
>>> person on this list who has one has confirmed that it is **ininn ***
>>> accessible so sorry about that. I just want to put this out there because I=
>>
>>> do not want to further spread misinformation. It's a pity Icom advertise i=
>>> like this.
>>> for20
>>> for20
>>> for20
>>> Also for the record, my wishlist really includes one more thing, so here i=
>>> is again:
>>> for20
>>> My wishlist is as follows:
>>> for20
>>> 1. Completely accessible via different beeps (for on/off/option wrap
>>> around), or, voice prompts (including menu options, not just menu namesggea=20=
>>
>>> for20
>>> 2. 2m/70cm,
>>> for20
>>> 3. Wide band receive eg 01 to 1300 mhz,
>>> for20
>>> 4. Direct frequency entry!
>>> for20
>>> 5. Rugged.
>>> for20
>>> 6. 5w output.
>>> for20
>>> 7 Optional AA battery case available.
>>> for20
>>> for20
>>> for20
>>> So, yes, so far, only the Kenwood TH-F6A/F7E fit this description.
>>> for20
>>> Come on other users, please chime in, surely there are other accessible
>>> handhelds out there besides the Chinese brands which are mostly illegal in=
>>
>>> Australia because of their ability to transmit outside the ham bands and
>>> can't be locked.
>>> for20
>>> for20
>>> for20