From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2015 23:24:12 -0230
Lloyd:

I was thinking of a somewhat compact/portable that I could use for an all mode 6/2M contact now and then. My FT-102 is just doing fine for my HF side. Unfortunitely there doesn't appear to be much options for us blind users in this catagory except something on the used market like an IC-706, FT-847 or perhaps the IC-7000. So perhaps I'll wind the amateur logic tv contest in october which is an IC-7410 and then could buy a transverter for 2M. HIHI
Still not very portable. LOL You might be able to connect HRD to the 857D and use the available controls but again theres that multi knob that scrolls through 17 rows of functions with the A B C keys. So maybe I'll jump on an IC-706 for about 5 or 600 for this all mode 6/2M now and then activity.

73:
Mike DE VO1AX