From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:49:28 -0400
They show an 813 phone number at the bottom of the ham-radio-deluxe.com web
pages. There's a 30-day trial, but it's a $100 program, and I don't think
it's worth quite that much, considering that parts of it, such as logging,
were inaccessible when I tried them in the shareware version. Apparently the
FT991 was added recently, but they didn't put it into the table, but show it
like it's an after-thought.
I wouldn't recommend getting a radio that was so dependent on its touch
screen, either. I don't know how many physical controls the FT-991 has. Some
reviews said that you used the touch screen mostly for menu settings, but if
this included things like receive bandwidth and IF shift, not to mention
tuning to stations showing on a panorama display, I wouldn't go there. My
Ft950 is looking better and better. Have you considered an FTDX-1200? The
specs look good, but I haven't had my hands on one of those, either. It at
least has a good number of knobs and switches.
I guess I am not convinced that it's a good idea to get a rig that includes
coverage of two meters and 70 centimeters, unless you're going to work some
satellites. In my opinion it's better to have a rig that is optimized for HF
and 6 meters, and get something else for the higher bands, especially if
your interest in these bands is FM.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com