From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2015 22:51:02 -0400
Well, NASA always liked the beeps, and with the space shuttle out of
business  there are loads of unused beeps looking for a good home.

Seriously, I can't remember the last time I heard a beep on HF, but I'm
sure it was on10 meters.  If you go this route, use the beep and see how
many people tell you it is annoying (or worse).   Of course you'll never
know how many people tune past you and just won't even bother calling you.

I'm not trying to be snotty on this.   It's a free country and you can
do whatever you want and it  won't bother me at all.   But the beep is
pure CB.

73, Steve KW3A