From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2015 22:47:58 -0800
Hello list, I am having a strange thing happen on my 71a which I
must have caused but can't figure out how to undo.  When I am
listening on my 71a,  and have the right VFO on a memory either
VHF or UHF and the left VFO on a different memory, and have both
squelch knobs turned off, the memory that is selected will
dominate, meaning that if I turn the volume of the dominant VFO
up it will mute the squelch sound of VFO b.  The opposite also
hapmens.  I know that it is possible to have both VFO's work at
the same time without either one being muted unless you transmit
on one and the other is listening on the same band.  Does that
make any sense? The mute button, righthand most button on the
bottum row,  will select between a and b VFO but when both are
supposed to be active, they are not.  I don't know how to explain
this any better, but maybe one of you TMV71A owners will know
what I'm talking about.  Jim WA6EKS