From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:32:17 -0700
well, if that's why kenwood doesn't bother it's pretty counter intuitive on
their part because what is the first thing you do when you use the remote
head on the ts480 in a mobile installation? run an extension cable for the
microphone from the radio in the trunk to the operating position or
whatever.
I think what kenwood did was to add a speaker in the control head instead of
a microphone jack like the other manufacturers do.  So they sacrificed
running mike audio back to the radio for running rx audio out to the control
head.
Seems ridiculous to me...though I think too that the ts480 is targetted at
either a base station market, or a portible or RV type
installation...compared to say a ic7000 or 857D which are targetted at
actual mobile installations.
I think Kenwood would be smart to come out with an all band all mode mobile
radio to compete head to head with Icom and Yaesu in that market.
73
Colin, V A6BKX