From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 20:15:46 -0500
The IC-706 and 7000 have mic jacks on the control head, as do about all the
commercial UHF/VHF radios with remoted control heads. You hear a lot of the
icom and Alinco HF radios with remote mounted heads in the mobile with RF
feedback though unless a lot of work is done to them, ferrite beads and what
not, Running them with no added protection other than what's from the
factory almost always leads to feedback on HF, I don't know if that's why
Kenwood just doesn't bother or if they have other reasons.