From:
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2014 20:45:03 -0500
It seems like some time ago, someone told us here on the Blind Hams' list
how they were able to configure their TS-590 to give them a way of getting a
voice read-out of the SWR shown by the meter on their transceiver. If I am
correct and not just hallucinating again, will you please send me the
details of

how to do this?

I received my new AT1000PRO II and got it connected up. My initial reaction
is very positive. I am now able to get on all frequencies of all bands 160 -
6 meters with this tuner. However, I have discovered that to get the
absolute lowest possible SWR, I really need some way of knowing my actual
SWR reading. It isn't absolutely imperative, but it would be useful to
achieve the lowest possible SWR. The automatic tuner does an excellent job,
but there are buttons that allow fine adjustments in the capacitance and
inductance, which facilitates achieving the absolute lowest possible swr,
the difference between say, 1.5 to 1 and 1.2 to 1.

Thanks,

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman

Retired Professor of Marketing