From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:14:18 -0400
Hi, all.

Has anyone had any experience, either good or bad, with the MFJ tuner
extender?

Out at the RV, my Alpha Delta DXCC tunes with the TS480 internal antenna
tuner throughout the top half of 80 meters, and I'm wondering how much it
might extend the tunable range for the lower part of the band.

Of course, I ask this question knowing three things right off the bat.
First, the DXCC is only 82 feet long, so will obviously be quite narrow on
80 meters.  Second, the lower half of 80 meters goes all the way down to 3.5
MHZ, which is a long way away from the middle part of the band at 3.750 MHZ.
Third, of course, as we all know, just because an antenna tunes, that
doesn't always mean it will perform well at the end of the tuning process.

The camp site DXCC already tunes on 10, 15, 17, 20, and 40 meters.  30
meters would be nice, but is not a necessity for me at this time.

I'm just trying to decide if adding this piece of equipment to my tool box
would be worth it in the long run.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ